Out of the Notebook and into the blog: Look to the Sky Flower Belt DIY

Monday, May 10, 2010

Look to the Sky Flower Belt DIY

Strawberry Vintage by you.

Look to the Sky Flower Belt DIY Project

"i like being silly with you.

you make me laugh and smile, and when i am feeling like that, i feel like i can do anything." ~ I am blessed

I was inspired by this Down East Basics belt:


Down East Basics Belt by you.
And so I decided to create one of my own!

P5100096 by you.

Crafting 5 little flowers by taking sets of 5 squares of chiffon, cutting them into circles, stitching and bending them in different ways so they looked like flowers.

P5100148 by you.

I then added little diamonds to the center, added 3 pleats on each side of the where I was to add the flowers, hot glued the flowers onto a wide piece of white satin ribbon....

Running into the clouds by you.

And am having the best of time wearing it!


24 comments:

  1. I love it! It's gorgeous. I agree with Krystal. That last pic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic pics and lovely creation! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are fabulous. Great belt.

    I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they've made to be worn. Stop by if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice belt and pictures.
    I'd love to have this linked to my weekly link party "Make my Style Mondays"

    www.avidaccents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous images...looks like and editorial and you look stunning. I love your belt much more than the original one...congrats, amazing DIY!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week so far my dear friend.

    Cheers: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pictures! The last one is beautiful! :)

    -Caylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, it's gorgeous with that pinstripe dress, great combo! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That belt is adorable...and so is your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this belt! Adorable!!

    New follower from New Friend Friday! :)

    http://goobergrapemonkeyman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! I just love how sweet and sexy it is! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I like yours better! Hmmm...wonder if I could pull it off?

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment - i just came on ur's and i love it - i became one of your followers right away (i hope u can follow me too) ...

    this belt is adorable - i soooo wanna make this!!!

    *hugs*
    Erika
    http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the belt!!..& actually everything else too..i wish i were so crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love how it looks - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pictures are so pretty and cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I'm visiting (and following) from New Friend Friday. I love the belt! I'm going to show it to my daughters. I'm thinking they'll want to make some. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That belt is so cute! Love the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great! I love it. Thanks for letting us know how you did it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3