Out of the Notebook and into the blog: Inspired by {Menswear}

Friday, January 14, 2011

Inspired by {Menswear}

H&M Spring look from spread found Ashley Nicole Catherine

Sometimes, I find a style that I can't get out of my mind. Every time I see something that falls into the criteria of it I am in love. One of these styles is menswear, which we are seeing more and more of.

H&M Spring

Sweet bow ties are a must, paired with a button down they make for the perfect look. I also love to add a simple blazer to the look.

Image

And to make this look really work, I like to add feminine pieces to it. Lace - ruffly shirts, gathered skirts, and huge vintage statement glasses.


Image

You can also find a lot of menswear inspired pieces from places that aren't very expensive.

My go to for blazers is American Eagle, thrift stores, and my Grandpas closet. They can easily be altered!

You can look for big vintage glasses at yard sales and antique stores. Bow ties are also easy to find! That is one of the beauties of this look, you can include your favorite inspired pieces, mix with other styles to make it more "you" and you don't have to spend loads of money!

Are you inspired by the Menswear look?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3