Out of the Notebook and into the blog: En Pointe ~ Ballet Lessons

Thursday, December 30, 2010

En Pointe ~ Ballet Lessons

photo
En Pointe

I used to be a ballerina - for about three years, probably between the ages of 4, 5 and 6. I also wanted to go on to having those beautiful pointe shoes like the older girls in the class right across from ours. One time I remember going up on my tippy toes like you would if you were in pointe shoes, but I quickly stopped when the teacher yelled at me to go back to regular ballet slipper feet.

I decided to quite ballet for gymnastics, which I loved for about 3 or 4 years. We then moved out to the country and I finally was able to settle into my true dream, horses. Even so, I've still wanted to be a "ballerina" with those pretty pointe shoes and graceful lines dancing to classical music.

This past year, dancing has really gotten to be "in" not the bopping you remember doing at highschool dances so many years ago, but rather ballet, or even xomba! Ballet is such a great way to get fit and is a great way to express yourself in a different form of art.

I also think that Natalie Portman in Black Swan (now in theaters) has also really inspired a lot of people to try ballet! It is amazing what she went through in a year to play such a convincing role as a ballerina in this movie!

Make a new year resolution to take a ballet class! You might just find yourself going back for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3