Out of the Notebook and into the blog: Black Swan

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Black Swan



I've been waiting and waiting to see "Black Swan" for a few months, ever since I first saw the trailer. It looks amazing, does it not?

I think that part of the reason that so many (including myself) are excited to see it is that fantasy that started in our wee years of growing up to be a prima ballerina.

The costumes are part of it. I always seem to fall head over heals when I come across a stunning ballet costume, I especially love the traditional tutus, such as the ones shown in Black Swan. I also think it has something to do with the grace and beauty that is expressed in ballet, it's like a story is being told without words, all left up to your own interpretation and imagination.


Image

Have you seen Black Swan yet? What are your thoughts on it?

1 comment:

  1. The movie was amazing! I loved it. it was so artistic and cool. the camera work was different and fresh. I thought natalie portman was a little TOO skinny, her legs looked like a 12 year olds legs, but she was incredible in it!

    I have a feeling that ballet is going to take off because of this movie. I think she's going to inspire a lot of girls to start dancing and i think that's fantastic. while wanting the movie, i was secretly wishing I had practiced ballet instead of cheerleading and gymnastics as a kid.

    Great film.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3