Out of the Notebook and into the blog: Make 2011 the best year for YOU

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Make 2011 the best year for YOU


Every year we make resolutions and goals to try to overcome bad habits or create new good habits. However, sometimes we forget to look at goals that help your physiological side - your thoughts and feelings, the way you look at life. Here are a few tips to help make your life better in the new year!

A change that I made in my life to enrich it and make it better is to work on following my creative pursuits and really just trying anything! I now find inspiration in anything, the way the ocean waves come in, a crooked smile, someone teaching another photography. Another thing that I changed in my life that really helped make it better was to just be myself! I live in the middle of the country, with horses and cows all around. I love riding and do hunter jumping, but Western is the "thing" where I live. I have learned to follow what I love even though it is not what others often do. I think following your dreams is the most important thing, not caring what other people think.

1) Schedule YOU time. This is the perfect way to help you feel refreshed, relaxed, and have a happier out look on life. It also gives you something to look forward to. In your YOU time, do something that you love, take an hour aside to take the yoga class you've been wanting to take, read a great book, take a stroll on the beach, there are so many options!

2) Create! Don't ever say that you don't have a creative bone in you, everyone does! Whether its sewing, knitting, graphic designing, or interior design, you just have to find the type that suits you! When you create, your life is enriched because you have a focus, and something to work on.

3) Learn to look at life in a positive way. Don't say "I can't do that!" and laugh it of, instead say "sure, I'll try!" and learn how to do it if you have the will, it can happen. It's not a lie, when people say that you can do anything you want to if you have the try to do it - look at the two girls who are mermaids - they followed their dreams, you can as well!

4) Write out how you would like people to see you as. What kind of personality do you want others to see you have? Write them down and then think about how to act on these and make them more vibrant in your life.

~#4 for me: For me, I would like people to see me as someone who isn't afraid to express herself and her opinions. I feel like in our current ambassador program, we really need this and I would also like to encourage others to express themselves as well. I would like to do this by stepping up and saying what I think would make an event/topic better and opening it up to discussion for other people to add to.

These are just a few great ways to enrich your life in 2011, do you have other ideas?

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Simply Orange® blogging program. If I am one of the first 65 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 Target gift card and a gift pack that includes a Simply Orange® cooler bag and logoed fleece."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3