Out of the Notebook and into the blog: Something New

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Something New


Thank you to P&G’s Have You Tried This Yet? program and Kroger for sponsoring my writing about trying new things and breaking out of my everyday routine. Click here to find great savings on high-performing P&G products at a Kroger store near you. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.


http://rockienolan.com/files/gimgs/10_resize01.jpg
Image Rockie Nolan

A while ago, I was reading a short little article on how "Twilight" books changes people. However, of course it does! Everything we do - everything we see - everything we come across and every experience that we experience, we are changed by it and effected in some way.

When I think of something that I've done in my life that has changed me, I think of a lot of little things, that when put together, makes something huge. One of these things that has changed me, I believe, is beginning to blog.

I began to blog two years ago, with my book blog. The whole experience really been quite experimental and I had fun trying it! However, I then began to focus on this blog, which developed into a fashion/design blog, and that's where things really became clearer and changes started happening. As I began to explore the blog world, I realized a whole different way of life. I was able to see things and gather ideas from sources that I never before new existed! I started reading blogs such as Sara Klassens, Sewing in No Mans Land, The Pioneer Woman, Twig and Thistle, and various Scandinavian blogs.

By reading these blogs, I began to find my style. My writing style. My fashion style. My life style. Even my music style! I have a huge love for indie/folk music now. I began to not care if other people didn't like what I wore because it was "different." Yesterday I wore my glitter oxfords from Urban Outfitters to a 4H meeting. Hahaha!

I also found myself being more creative, with fashion, with event planning, with sewing, and other endeavors. I also have found myself wanting to learn about different techniques that I never even considered before such as mixed media, and interior design.

I really believe that blogging has helped me become a more confident and creative person. What changes have you had in your life that have helped you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3