Out of the Notebook and into the blog: First 4 Weeks at the University of St. Thomas

Monday, September 29, 2014

First 4 Weeks at the University of St. Thomas



One of the hard parts about being at the University of St Thomas is that I am a transfer student living off campus, who also has a serving job and 15 hours of ballet every week.  It has been struggle to have a social life (and to meet new people), while having a job and studying.  I'm really hoping that it starts to quite down a lot and that I am able to find a better balance.  

The social life is so completely different than the small community college I transferred from.  Keep in mind, UST is an expensive private college (thanks scholarships!!).  I've found that it's a lot more challenging to find peers that aren't super stuck up, which sounds bad, but is so true!  There is also a bigger pressure to be perfect because everyone at UST is…perfect grades, enough money, and perfect clothes all the time.  

Do you think it's a good idea to have a job during college?  Or do you think it's better to fully immerse yourself in the social life and academics?  Let me know in the comments!  Even a simple yes or no will do just let me know what's buzzing around in your head!



2 comments:

  1. It is nice to have money going to school, but you should take a couples days off work every once and awhile and go enjoy begin at STU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know how you feel my course is everyday of the week starting at 9am and ending earliest at 4;30pm, latest at 7;00pm. I too dance and have ballet and tap classes twice a week in the evening and am currently trying for a weekend job! It is hectic but I don't want to give anything up and therefore need a job to be able to keep up the lifestyle ahaha I do also find time to go clubbing and hang out with friends which is probably why I am always so run down and get ill so quickly, I definitely push myself too much - yet I am sat here eyeing up another dance class to join....... :) do whatever makes you happy!

    www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3