Out of the Notebook and into the blog: Kitten Cold

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kitten Cold

http://pioneermindset.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/kittens.jpg

Remember Wiggles? The baby multicolored kittien that I posted about a few months ago? Right now she is curled up with me snoozing, trying to get rid of a nasty cold.

It is so worrisome to see her sleeping all day and sneezing and coughing when shes usually such a playful little girl! She usually sleeps outside at night, but she has been lucky enough to sleep in the bathroom for the past couple of nights!

I was feeling sorry for the little sweetheart so I looked up some home remedies to help kittens with colds. Its Winter and it can be easier for kittens to catch colds, so I thought I would share some of the tips with you!

-Buy some non herbal black tea and take 1/4 of a cup of water and heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes, take it out and put the tea bag in it. Add 5 ice cubes and wait until it is cold. Use cotton balls and place it on your kittens eyes, this will help with runny and sore eyes. I read that it only takes about 2 times of applying it to get eyes back to normal!

-If you cat isn't eating spread cheese around her mouth, she won't like it, but she will lick it off! Mission accomplished!

-If your cat isn't drinking, take a washcloth with water and spread it on her face, like with the cheese, she will lick it off!

-Keep them warm

I hope that these tips help! If you have anymore, please let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3