Out of the Notebook and into the blog: The Perfect gift for a Teen Boy

Monday, November 22, 2010

The Perfect gift for a Teen Boy



Book: "Payback Time"
Author: Carl Deuker
Purchase Payback Time

There are always a few people on your Christmas shopping list that are hard to find the perfect gift for, I know a few myself! And when I think of who, I think of my cousin and my little brother, my cousin, he is 10 and my little brother is 14.

I just finished reading "Payback Time" by Carl Deuker today, and while reading it I thought, this would make the perfect gift for a teen boy!

Daniel, unfortunately nicknamed Mitch on his first day of high school, is an aspiring reporter, however, he was a little dismayed when he found out he was going to be writing for the sports section in the new year. However, he soon finds out that it isn't so bad after all. Working with Kimi, who is the sports photographer, they uncover something that seems to be overlooked by everyone else. A two hundred pound 6 foot something football player that has a through fit for the big games that the coach isn't playing? Kimi and Mich set out to figure out his story, and soon their information leads to danger that they never imagined.

"Payback Time" was a great book! I have never watched a football game in my life, and I've never had an interest in football, even so, I felt myself enjoying reading in detail about the games and feeling the suspense as the games and story unfolded! The writing is clever and very easy to relate to. I think this would be the perfect gift for the hard to buy teen boy!

Disclosure: I was sent an ARC of this book to review and give my honest opinion on. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. I do receive a commission if someone buys a book from my Amazon link in this post.

2 comments:

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3