Out of the Notebook and into the blog: Dancers Among Us in Everyday Life

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Dancers Among Us in Everyday Life











I am forever fascinated by the passion that ballerinas and dancers in general portray in their dancing through their physical actions.  

By only using their bodies, dancers are able to make an audience believe that they are deeply and passionately in love, devastated to no ends, or weary and tired beyond comprehension.  

They convince us through their movements that they can fly to the highest of heights and crash to the deepest of oceans.

Jordan Matter was inspired by his child's passion for the little things that we, as we grow over, replace with feelings of boredom or usual.  He wanted to show the world passion through his little boys eyes, and felt that portraying everyday life using dancers would be perfect.

Jordan writes:

“I’ve created these images for Hudson and his little sister, Salish. My children are everything to me; my dreams for them are enormous. I hope they have long and healthy lives, find loving partners and fulfilling careers, and, if it suits them, experience the joys of parenthood. Most important, I want them to be free from self-consciousness, to discover the deep happiness that comes from a life filled with passion, and to find the serenity necessary to be truly present. These photographs communicate my dreams for them more powerfully than words: Relish moments large and small, recognize the beauty around you, and be alive!”

And how beautiful his project turned out!  I am in love with all of the photos, and there are many - take a peek on Jordan Matter's website!


All photos taken by Jordan Matter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3