Out of the Notebook and into the blog: Aplacas Oh Alpaca's

Friday, October 1, 2010

Aplacas Oh Alpaca's

Jr

One extra curricular that many wouldn't think of is alpacas! I was given the opportunity - and jumped on it at that - to start training and showing alpacas! What a great experience it will be, to work with a new animal and learn about them.

Alpacas are interesting little creatures! I have worked with horses for 6 years, so I have quite a bit of experience with working with and training animals, but these little guys, they are hilarious, and so spunky! In training, don't be surprised if they will run straight to the end of the lead to try and get loose, without a moments notice!

It's easy to get involved with alpacas to start training and showing them. Just contact your local alpaca farm and they will usually be willing to work with you!

While we are here in our alpaca spirits, I have to show you these adorable Alpaca buttons!


2 comments:

  1. That's cool! Have you started working with them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I go into yarn shops, I always love looking at the alpaca yarn. SO soft!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Pretties - leave a comment and you'll forever have a place in my heart <3